Does this beard make me look fat

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Viva Las Vegas Vs Leaving Las Vegas

Dear Vegas, I'm leaving you. Not right this second, or next week. But inevitably, I'm leaving you. Why? Well, I kept thinking you'd change. Host better bands that aren't Huey Lewis and the News. Establish a hospitable environment for independent coffee houses. You are the guy that all my single, bitter friends said you were. And they said you would never change and that yours was to be a life of shrimp cocktails and Wayne Newton. I said , no you're wrong. He'll change. He's in a transitional phase. But I realized that you loved all you can eat, all day buffets too much and we had just drifted apart. So I'm leaving you for someone else. Their name is the Pacific Northwest, Portland or Seattle depending on some variables, tentatively sometime in 2011-12. They promised me I wouldn't have to drive a car if I lived with them and that Bumbershoot is like having Coachella in your own town. That your writing skills just blossom from the endless rain then you take on a Kerouac-ian, Plath dour tone overtime, but hey, everything is green. I'm leaving you my Ben Stiller show dvds, and one of our copies of Clerks (not the one signed by Dante and Randall, though). You can have any of the cds, just no Wilco, REM or Tom Waits. I love you and always will. You used to be Busgy's town and transitioned into Paris Hilton's town. But you'll always be my town. Sing it Crowe..."I'm leaving Las Vegas"........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what's in a shrimp cocktail?

Hellofacey said...

You should go out Nick Cage style except the dying part. Then take on the Pacific north west Drugstore Cowboy style except without the drugs and illegal activities.