Does this beard make me look fat

Sunday, May 30, 2010

History's true innovators donned beards: Kenny Rogers, Fidel Castro, Bluto, some of Blue Oyster Cult

I have a problem with commitment. I waffle on a great deal of things in life, and I'm going to conduct an exercise in commitment. I have committed myself to abstaining from shaving for 100 days. I'm not sure why I settled on 100, it just sounds official I suppose. I'm not working right now, and school doesn't resume till the summers over, so my beard won't affect my life. I've always wanted a beard any self-respecting lumberjack would grow. I'm not a lumberjack, but they're the manliest section of society I can think of, and I want a beard they'd approve of. Plus, men with beards look smarter, like they enjoy Steely Dan or can finish crossword puzzles. Two things I'm entirely incapable of. So with that, I say let the summer of hirsute love commence.

No comments: